Thursday, June 27, 2013

Must read of the week: For Better Science Meetings, Invite an Artist The Finch and Pea

Art by @artologica in my living room
This is just such a good idea: For Better Science Meetings, Invite an Artist | The Finch and Pea.  Michelle Banks, also known as artologica, writing at The Finch and the Pea, goes through a detailed argument, with examples, of why one should invite artists to science meetings.

I have been inspired by Michele at many meetings.  And I have been inspired by her art with a science theme (see for example the posts listed below).


I have written a bit here and there about the mixing of science and art.  See for example


But if you read one thing about science and art - read Michele's new post.  Or, even better, start inviting artists to any science conference you have any role in.




1 comment:

  1. The Venter holiday fungi are awesome! I recently found this quite artistic dancing video made in 1971 about protein translation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9dhO0iCLww). Sorta wish someone showed it to me when I was trying to learn all that back as an undergrad!

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...